Yoga Positions for Beginners
Yoga isn’t easy and takes time to learn the more complicated positions. No matter your fitness and flexibility, you can still take advantage of yoga. Don’t go straight into the complex positions as you m ay find it difficult to hold them at first.
The purpose of yoga is to cleanse your mind and body leaving you with a sense of peace that few get to experience. You can very well be at peace if you’re falling over every few minutes, can you?
Do you want to get started with some easier yoga positions? Read on to find out what they are!
The mountain pose is one of the very basic positions. It tends to be a good starting position for any yoga workout.
Upon first glance, you may assume that you’re just standing very straight. There’s a lot more to it than that. Follow these steps to make full use of the mountain pose:
1. Stand straight with your feet touching.
2. Spread your toes and push down into the mat.
3. Flex your leg and thigh muscles. Follow up with your abdominals and press your shoulders down.
4. Hold the position for one minute while focusing on slowly breathing once every five seconds.
Planking is quite well-known these days and provides a great deal of physical benefits. It helps us to learn better balance with our arms as well as breath control and endurance.
Planking may look easy, but I guarantee you’ll feel the burn after holding it for a minute. Follow these steps for a successful plank:
1. Get into a lying position and face downward.
2. Lift yourself into the air with your hands out straight and your toes on the ground.
3. Adjust your footing until you can feel a burning sensation from head to toe.
4. Hold the position for a minute or as long as you can. (Remember to breath deeply every five seconds)
Have you noticed yoga’s connection with nature yet? (Check the names) The tree stance is another standing position. The tree stance helps you build balance with your legs.
It may take you a couple of tries but the tree stance is quite easy to maintain once you’re used to it. Here’s the step-by-step process:
1. Stand straight with your feet together.
2. Place your right foot on your upper left thigh.
3. Put your hands together pointing upward, applying pressure as you do so.
4. Relax your shoulders and focus forward for a full minute.
5. Repeat the above steps but with your left foot on your upper right thigh.
Are You Ready?
These are just three of many simple yoga positions. Get started now, and you’ll be up there with the pros in no time!
For more information on yoga methods, health, and improving yourself in general, check this out: http://infinitevitalitysystem.com/legit-yoga-burn-system-review/